Monday, July 7, 2014

The Sunburned Shoulder

Last week I burned my shoulder.  It was annoying.  It itched terribly and I spent lots of time putting lotion on top of lotion and cortisone cream on it in the hopes it wouldn't peel too much.

I was surprised at how much it burned though.  It was really red all over.   Did I keep my body angled in such a way at the pool the afternoon before so that the one shoulder got burned while the other came away only slightly red and not itchy at all?

Two days later, I was still scratching that shoulder and I felt a bump, right in the center of the whole itchy area.   Oh!  I had gotten bitten by something and it was redness/itchiness from that, not a single-point sunburn.

I don't know what bit or stung me (it never stung) but it's calmed down now.   I think the shoulder is going to be fine and I'm glad I didn't get burned.

The Big Boy Update:   He was asleep when I went up to get them for breakfast this morning.   He rolled over and then rolled back and said, "would you help me get my eyes open?"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been getting better and better at toileting.  She's been making it to the potty a good bit of the time and it's been a good while (over a month I think) since there has been soiled underpants.   She will realize she has to go, suddenly stand up and say, "poopy!"  We then say, "run, go fast!" and help her to get to the potty on time.   I've noticed she has an interesting tell sometimes.  She'll sit on the floor and wiggle her bottom back and forth.   Right after that she's stands up and exclaims she's got to go potty.   We still have to work on wet underpants though, as they still seem to happen.   Those are much easier to deal with though, as she is responsible for taking them off, putting them in the laundry basket, selecting new underpants and getting her pants back on.   (She's getting very good at that process as well.)

Fitness Update:  We did two muscle groups today at the gym.   It was the muscles you need in your arms to hold the steering wheel.  The other muscles were the ones you use to press the gas and brake pedals.  I'm glad I wasn't the one who drove to the gym this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment