Friday, June 1, 2012

Lost Cushion

When I was in high school we'd go to sports events or somewhere out like a picnic.  I hated sitting on bleachers.  Bleachers are not comfortable.  It's just metal and my butt was unhappy.  How did people sit through an entire game and not have a seat cushion?

I didn't do a lot of sporting events in the past.  I still don't.  But I also never liked flat wooden chairs or anything else that looked uncomfortable. 

However, over the past several years I completely forgot about uncomfortable seats.  As it turns out, when you gain lots of weight, you gain it in your butt.  My butt was nice and cushy.  So cushy, that I never thought about sitting on anything or how comfortable or uncomfortable it looked.

Back to my ideal weight, my butt is much less cushy.  Still, my knees are happy and I have so much more energy that I don't need to sit as much.  Maybe I could even play a sport?  Okay, maybe not...


The Big Boy Update: Smiles?  He smiles all the time.  But I came to realize the other day that when he's out, or in a new place, he's looking at what's happening and who is around him and he doesn't smile much.  We had lunch with a friend who saw him smile at the end of lunch and remarked about it.  It was only then that it occurred to me he wasn't smiling, although he was happy and having a good time.  I'm dropping him off to play with her for a few hours this coming Wednesday.  I have a feeling he's going to do a lot of smiling once he gets acclimated to her and the location.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Cutting her losses.  She has no idea how to cut her losses.  She also doesn't know how to let go of something when she's got her little vice grip on it.  When she has something, there's a good chance her brother is going to want it.  She doesn't mind him having it (I don't think) but she doesn't realize she has to let go to let him have it.  She doesn't realize she has to let go all the way to the floor... bonk..."waaaahhhhh". 

No comments:

Post a Comment