Thursday, May 31, 2012

Trying to Go To Sleep

I've never had to try to go to sleep.  For the most part, I lie down and go right to sleep.  Sure, there have been times when I'm sick or hyped up about something, but in general, I don't have a problem just falling to sleep.

Many years ago I had a friend who said he had had such a hard time going to sleep the night before.  He said he was, "thinking of nothing" for so long but he still couldn't fall asleep.  Thinking of nothing?  I'd never heard of that.  I asked him what he meant.  He said he cleared his mind and just thought of nothing until he fell asleep.

I didn't believe him.  How can you think of nothing?  It's not possible.  As soon as you clear out the current thoughts, your mind throws in something else to think about.  He said it was possible.  I still don't know.  Since that time, almost twenty years ago, I don't believe I've ever been able to, "think of nothing."

The Big Boy Update:  Family picture album.  My husband made a family picture album for my son yesterday.  It's got pictures of the two children, the dog and all four grandparents for a start.  We're seeing if he knows who they are, and if he can name them.  "doggiedoggie" is the one he gets correct without fail.  The rest of us are a work in progress with sporadic results. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Toothy grin.  Her two lower front teeth are now becoming more visible when she smiles, which is all the time, and non-stop.  I would seriously write about how adorable, cute, charming and endearing she is here every day, but even I'd get sick of it.  Still, can I just say...super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment