Wednesday, June 20, 2012

More Coveage More Scandal

I recently got some new swim wear because I'd lost weight and the last two years of pregnancy bathing suits didn't fit on the bottom and certainly didn't fit on the top.  Today I experienced something I didn't expect with one of the new ensembles I got.

The suit is two-piece.  It's orange (you know my penchant for orange) for both the top and bottoms.  Nice style, but boring on the whole.  So I got a pair of crazy color shorts to wear over the bottoms for travel to and from the pool or beach.  The bottoms are the same material as a bathing suit.  They're intended for the water.  They can even be worn as a bathing suit bottom.  I was planning on wearing them over the suit bottom as the "fun factor" for the suit.

I was getting ready to head out and my husband made a comment about how the bottoms looked.  It was a complimentary comment, but it made me go look in the mirror to see what he was talking about.

So I looked in the mirror... wait one minute!  These shorts look, well, obscene.  They show just enough butt so that you think your pants are too short.  The Daisy Duke's factor if you will. 

I had on the orange bottoms under the shorts.  You can't see the orange bottoms under the shorts because the shorts cover more area.  So I took off the shorts.  Normal bathing suit bottom.  Everything looked non-scandalous.  There was good and adequate coverage from the suit bottom.

Shorts back on and the optical illusion was back.  More skin covered up, and yet the shorts didn't make you feel that way.  I went to the pool anyway and I had the strangest feeling I should take the shorts off quickly so I could become, "more decent."

The Big Boy Update: Bupphhh/  I think he's saying the word, "diaper." but doesn't know how to pronounce it.  He said it multiple times this morning, including when he grabbed a diaper from the drawer, when he pointed and patted at his dirty diaper and when I asked him later if he could say "diaper."  Potty training still not meeting with much success, but he has seemed to take an interest in the diapers at least.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Food dance.  After two days of being very hungry, she didn't have much interest in either supper last night or breakfast this morning.  She lies on your lap, smiles at you and then does a kick dance while you try to get her to eat.  She coordinates the kicking with looking left and right, making it nigh impossible to keep the bottle in her mouth.   So she went to bed without supper last night, but she slept through the night.  This morning an hour after eating a lackluster breakfast, she did manage to finish the bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment