Friday, June 15, 2012

Kodak Pulse

My sister-in-law talked about great presents in her blog yesterday.  I agree with her that it's hard to find a good gift for many people because those people are either hard to shop for, or just buy whatever they want and need for themselves.  I'm pretty sure I'm one of those people myself as I usually get something if I need it. 

The best present I've seen in a long time is the Kodak Pulse picture frame.  I was visiting my old college President a while back.  His wife showed us a digital picture frame from her children.  Now I've seen digital picture frames before, and they're a great way to show a lot of pictures.  But what made this one great was that it had an email address.   Yes, you can email pictures directly to the frame!

The technology timing of this is perfect.  I have a smart-phone with a decent camera.  The phone is in my pocket all the time so I have a better chance of catching something cute or silly as it's happening.  And then I can send that picture, right then, to the frame and when the frame owners come home, or walk by the frame next, it will show a little icon that says, "Oh hi, you have new pictures to see."

This year so far, I've sent over 130 pictures to the frames.  It's a fun little mission to keep the frames relevant and exciting.  We have also been the recipient of a frame from our sister's in San Francisco, Adrienne and Brenda, and we love getting pictures from them too. 

It's truly a gift that keeps giving.  I have told our friend how glad I am that she showed me the frame because it's been such a fun part of our lives.


The Big Boy Update:  Safety Lids.  I have seen them in action.  Being safe.  Preventing my son from drinking an entire bottle of liquid Advil.  He found the medicine drawer yesterday.  He figured out which bottle had the orange liquid he liked that he got from time to time.  He found the dispenser syringe.  He took them both into his closet, sat on the floor and tried to open the lid.  When that didn't work he just pointed the tip of the syringe at the lid and then tasted it to see if there was any medicine in it.  It was adorable to watch, but only so because I knew he was safe with the safety lid.  Now that that's over, time to find a new drawer for the medicines.


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  That pesky arm.  It is morning and I'm in the basement.  I've turned off the monitor because she is screaming and she's mad.  She doesn't get up for another hour.  We're in the middle of her rolling over anger time.  She can get up on her hands and knees.  She even regularly does this downward dog, hands and feet thing because she hasn't figured out how to crawl forward yet.  But she can't figure out how to go from her stomach to her back without getting one arm stuck behind her back.  So she gets mad.  And we go up and flip her over and give her a pacifier and a toy.  And then she does it again.  This morning, she's going to yell it out, or figure it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment