Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The McDonalds Proximity Perponderance

Call me a bad mommy, but my son loves Happy Meals from McDonald's.  Okay, okay, *I* love McDonald's Happy meals.  Have you seen the little tiny fry container they have now that looks like a mini version of the red cardboard ones for regular meals?  They hold about twelve fries and they're too cute for kids.

So yes, I like my McNuggets and fries and boy, are the little refrigerated apple slices good.  I could eat about twelve packages of those alone.  Maybe it's because I grew up eating McDonald's and it's a known, well-loved collection of flavors.  Maybe it's because a happy meal is perfectly small in calories for a weight-conscious mommy. 

And maybe it's because it's convenient and quick.  As long as I can figure out which one to go to.  From our house we have four that are in close proximity.  Depending on where you're going, or where you're coming from it's sometimes a challenge to decide which one to go to.  "Should I go to that one because there are less traffic lights or should I go to this one because they have a higher volume and they are sometime faster or should I go to the other one because they never get my order wrong?"  Such decisions!

Most commonly, I'll go to the one I've gone to all my life because it's mentally closer than the others.  That one is my, "Home McDonald's" I suppose.   And there's nothing like sitting out on the porch on a sunny day with your children and enjoying dipping nuggets and fries in happiness. 


The Big Boy Update:  Milk routines.  He's drinking milk well now at most times of the day.  We had some battles over not getting milk in a bottle and which sippy cups were "acceptable milk delivery devices" in his mind.  Some chocolate milk was added at times to facilitate the transition.  We no longer use bottles and he's even stopped trying to steal his sister's bottle.  He drinks it for breakfast on occasion and has even fed himself his nighttime milk on the sofa once. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  All Fours.  She's not really crawling yet, but she's moving around a lot.  She can get up on her hands and knees easily, which is more than her brother did at this age.  I think he had bricks in his belly because getting it off the ground took lots of time.  She seems more light and agile than he was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment