Sunday, June 24, 2012

Buns or Runs?

It's vacation.  It's a time to relax, have fun and enjoy being with your family.  Yesterday was my niece's recital.  She has danced for much of her life and this was her big annual recital.  She was in eleven numbers, and had thirteen outfit changes, three in one number even.   She was marvelous, the show was entertaining from the teenie tiny little girl dancers to the very skilled seniors in their last year of dance before they head to college. 

My son and daughter loved it.  Which is surprising because we were asking them to be still in an auditorium for over three hours.  They made it through the show and we all headed home for celebration dinner of pizza, cake and brownies.

I had pizza, lots of pizza.  Then I had chocolate orange cake made by my brother-in-law's mother that was very good.  And then I had brownies.  Two types of brownies.  It was a good day for food. 

This morning I woke up, looked at the time, and I thought it was a great day to go get Mrs. Brizzle's Buns for everyone.  If you know Cinnabon, you can imagine these buns.  Covvered in cinnamon, butter and buttercreme icing.  SO good. 

Then I thought, "buns are good, but the question is, do I need them?"  I had a little internal argument of the merits of buns versus going on a run, a run I had been putting off.  Blast and bother.  I'd better go running.

While running, I started to make a plan of my route around the island.  If I timed it right, I could run far enough to merit the bun.  I could also end my run at the store and bring home buns for everyone.  Then something happened.  I lost my appetite. 

It's a known phenomenon, exercise reduces appetite.  In this case, I was less interested in the cinnamon buns nicknamed, "The Best Buns on the Beach" as I jogged on.  And then it was time to get back home because my husband was left with two babies who were most likely awake now and complaining about the lack of breakfast service. 

So run won over bun this morning.  Tomorrow, I may not be so successful.

The Big Boy Update:  Clap clap!  At the recital he picked up on the clapping of the audience.  When a number was over, he'd see and hear everyone clapping and he'd grin and join right in.  He also went crazy trying to dance along in his baby dancing ways in the aisle.  When I took him out to run around for a while, he got very angry because he wanted to go back and watch more of the show.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Tiny Dancer.  She was not only interested in the dancing, she wanted to join in.  When you put her on your lap, she would stand up and jump up and down on your legs, as though she wanted to get in on the dancing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment