Thursday, June 7, 2012

Um, What Am I Wearing?

This morning after feeding the dog I let her out to do her morning business.  Until very recently, we have been the only house on our street and the next house is a good bit further than a street away.  We have to, "walk around the block" to see neighbors.

We're excited the lots on both sides of us are being cleared with the prospect of real neighbors in the foreseeable future.  The dog is excited stuff is happening.  She's excited to run out the front door, run barking straight towards the heavy machinery and the guy with the chainsaw to say, "hi, that's my yard you know."

So out mama follows her, chiding myself for not remembering and leashing her for the trip.  I walked over to the workers carrying my coffee and saying hello.  I found the dog and was herding her back to the house when I suddenly though, "what am I wearing?!" 

There's no reason to look pretty or even have on proper clothes to get the mail when there's no one who can see you.  I could have been in my sleeping clothes chatting with these nice guys.  It was a brief moment of panic before I remembered I had showered and was dressed for the day.   Relief.


The Big Boy Update:  Fever.  Of unknown cause.  Going to the doctor now before a weekend out of town with his grandparents to make sure he's not got something we need to address like an ear infection.  He's been unusually calm and sweet and likes to sit on the couch with you until the Tylenol takes effect and then he's run around crazy baby until it wears off.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She's practicing crawling in her bed.  I come upstairs in the morning and she's on all fours rocking back and fourth trying to figure out how to move.  Oh, and my husband figured out how she turned on the mobile the one time as he saw her in action.  With her feet after rotating 180 degrees.  Smart girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment