Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The Violent Death and The Sock

I had thrown away a sock the other day.  I put it in the trash bin and thought no more about it because I'd thrown it away, and the general expectation when you throw something away is that you don't have to think about it or worry about it anymore.

The next day I was tidying up, and I found a spare sock on the dresser.  Hm, was this the missing mate to the sock I'd thrown away?   I looked at it and decided there wasn't much to be done so I threw the second on in the bin to follow the first. 

It was several days later when I caught on to what was happening. People, upon seeing an article of clothing in the trash would pull it out and put it near the washing, thinking they'd saved a sock from a certain loss of life.  

I've had to throw away things multiple times, trying to hide the article inside something else so it isn't "saved".   Today there was a sock to be thrown away.   So I helped:  I tore down the sock in half along the wear line where the large hole in the sole started from.   

It was fun voliently tearing up clothing, I rather liked it. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter picked out some special little presents for her extended family.  She is quite good at shopping—which is even more interesting knowing she's doing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment