Friday, December 23, 2022

She Takes It Well

My daughter wants to play with the guinea pigs all day long.   And I am so happy she wants to be involved with them.   But they are tiny.   They fit in a single hand still and my daughter moves around so quickly because she's excited.   So she's getting a lot of negative feedback from us.   We're parents and adults and have seen a lot of things go wrong at this point and we see those worst case scenarios in everything, especially when it comes to something being hurt or killed. 

My daughter is being very good about it, though.  Today I hugged her and kissed the top of her head and said I was sorry her father and I worried so much about what she was and wasn't doing with the two new little boy members of our household.   We just don't want them to be hurt though lack of care or awareness. 

She is good to them, she would bike two miles to get them an orange if she heard that's what they wanted. But she is overcome with excitement and wants to snuggle the little guys all over the place.   I'm saying things like, "he is very tiny, think of how much his body is moving around and he has no control over when the next bump is going to happen.   Treat his little body with respect.  

She does try.  Some things she can't help.  She puts her hand in their faces a lot, but she's trying to find their heads in the first place so she could pet the back side.   That's hard to do when you can't see. 

The Big Boy Update: My son is going to have a lot of screen time as the start of the holiday gets into full swing and as Christmas approaches.   There is going to be a major crash when he has to take some time off soon to do not-online things with his family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment