Monday, December 5, 2022

Santa's Lap

Santa came to our neighborhood tonight.  My husband worked with another one of the board members to help put on the event.  Mostly he helped her.  It was her event but she needed help and my husband is always ready to step in and help.   Tonight. I dropped my son off at the clubhouse, went and got a corporate mailing address for Filament Stories, got my daughter and then brought her back to eat at the clubhouse, mostly hot chocolate and cookies, and then talk to Santa. 

He remembered her because he's seen her for the last several years and knew she was blind.   He couldn't believe how much she'd grown.  We can scarcely believe it ourselves.  

My daughter went into how we had been "arguing" about not letting her have a turtle.  Or a rabbit.  Or a puppy.   We had not been arguing, we'd been telling her that wasn't going to happen. perhaps that constitutes arguing to her.  

Santa suggested a rat and was expecting her to say eww I think, but she said maybe, and I was giving the thumbs up because we've already said she could have a rat (or two, they like companionship).   No decision was reached though so we'll have to keep thinking about things and figure out what we can get her.  I mean Santa can get her.  Surely this will be the last year for Santa.   It is such a sweet thing, though. 

The Not So Big Boy:  My son decided to sit on Santa's lap as well.  Although his conversation with Santa was much briefer.   And secretive!

No comments:

Post a Comment