Tuesday, December 20, 2022

A Bad Day

We all have them.  Today was mine.   It started out well, but after a near three-hour conference call and two days in a row when I'd been very tired, despite sleeping well and for a good number of hours, I gave in and went upstairs to lie down.  

I woke up at five-thirty, was given two guinea pigs to protect while I nodded back off to sleep, and then woke up again after six.  In the evening.  Having gotten not one thing done all day long that I needed to get done. 

Then things happened.  Every single one of them was reasonable in and of itself, but it all kept me from getting the things done I had on my lists.   I got cranky at my husband, who has left for the night.  He didn't deserve it, I just didn't know why he had to ask me something every time when I'd sat down from the last question, for two hours.   I got nothing done.   Well, the one thing he was working on.   But again, it was a frustrating day where the only things that got done were other people's things. 

Aside from this blog post.   I got that done.

Guinea Pigs & Children Update:  My son has a very easy going way that the guinea pigs seem to feel relaxed around.  My daughter is frantic, fast-moving, noise making, hand thrusting (because she can't see, she tries to be careful always) and to them, it's much more stressful with her.  I'm trying to get them comfortable around her and her calm around them.   More work must be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment