Saturday, December 3, 2022

Injection

I have a bump thing on my forehead.  It's been there for a long time.  Perhaps ten years now.  It wasn't much for a long time, but it has gotten larger over the past year or so.  Perhaps this is because I've been futzing with it.   This could be due in part to Dr. Pimple Popper. 

She's said a lot of cysts are the body shedding skin cells into an internal pocket instead of sloughing them off the skin as would normally happen.  I believe, I think (ten years is a long time) that I had some sort of acne that didn't resolve well.  Is what's under the skin the remnants of whatever happened ten years ago?

And why is it getting larger?   The skin sloughing does make sense.  It moves easily under the skin and isn't in a location that would have other, more ominous alternatives.   Today I went to a dermatologist and had a really nice time talking to them about lots of things.   The first step is to inject it with some steroid and see what that does. 

The second step is to excise it out and get it completely removed.  We're all sort of thinking that'll be the route we'll have to go, but since the doctor is having knee replacement surgery next week, that will have to wait until January.   In a way, I'm sort of excited about an excision.   I wonder if she'll let me watch.   That would be really exciting. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has asked if he can have a points system for earning and maintaining trust.   I'll have to write more about this when we've figured out how we're going to do this.   I'm glad he wants to work on this though. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I are listening to The Christmas Pig by J.K. Rowling.   It's very cute.  I love listening to books with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment