Sunday, December 18, 2022

Raucous Time

It's over.   I survived.   I don't even have any injuries.   The house is in total disarray, but even with all of that, it was worth it.  My son didn't have a birthday party for the last two years.  He wasn't even that upset about it.   I wanted him to do something this year, though.  I didn't want him to not be able to remember having birthday parties when he was a child. 

It was a small gathering with six boys total, including my son.  Video games were played, screams were screamed, yells we yelled loudly, and swear words were not quite said, but in a way that meant the actual word.  No one was fooled. 

Everyone was nice, outgoing, and respectful.  I don't know them as well as I would in the old neighborhood.  We lost a lot of in-person socialization on account of COVID-19.  And my son had the best time of all from the commotion he was making, yelling and screaming at each other ans

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter technically wasn't invited to the party today, but she joined in.   She did several things that were completely contrary to the video gaming, such as turning off the television.   She got sent to her room for because she was so aggressive at one point.   She wrote me a sincere apology note for insulting me and saying hateful things.   She did have a nice time with the boys.  The problem is, she has hormones involved I think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment