Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Virtual Reality

My husband has a virtual reality headset with games on the computer he's had for a good number of years.   The children were babies when he got it.   Recently, my son has had a renewed interest in VR gaming, asking to play on his father's computer each night. 

My daughter is away and during that time, my husband got the much reduced in cost with dramatically increased functionality.   We wanted to take the time to learn to play it while she wasn't around as it's something she can't do and it's hard to have everyone around you be able to do something while you sit aside and can't. 

So I'm signing off here early tonight to go stand in the middle of our basement and wave my arms around, feeling sensations that aren't there that only exist in my mind.   It is singular how real it feels.  For instance, there is an elevator and your brain tells you you're moving upwards or down, even though you're standing totally still. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is enjoying being here with his father and me.   He has us all to himself.   We're glad to have some time to spend with him too. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter rode a horse today!  She loved it.   Thanks to my mother for coordinating this event with her.   She was well under the twelve-year-old requirement, but the owner and his daughter made sure she had a special day.


No comments:

Post a Comment