Saturday, July 24, 2021

Parents Are The Worst!

My daughter came in from having a wonderful trip with my parents over the last three days.  She was settling back into life with us when I explained to her that she needed to do certain things to clean up and get ready for bed.  She hadn't been home for five hours when she declared, "why do parents have to exist in the world?  And why do they have to be the most annoying people in the world!"

The Big Boy Update:  It's now midnight and my son is only going to bed because we're making him.   He is really going to have to adjust to get back into school hours.   I hate to say it, but I don't really mind that he sleeps in and lets us sleep in too. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter accused her best friend of using her blindness against her tonight. She was furious and right after yelling at her to go home, she realized she could have been wrong, so she apologized to her, only to find out she was apologizing to the dog, which upset her even more.   She was distraught in the house, writing an apology note and asking if Keira would please forgive her and be her friend again.   She was so sad.  I messaged Keira's mother and decided to go over in the dark to deliver the note, even though I hadn't heard back.   Keira was already in the shower, but Lisa said she would deliver the message and that we all had times when we said things we didn't mean.   She hoped everything would be fine in the morning and that the two ladies could talk it over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment