Friday, July 2, 2021

Kittens

My daughter is kitten mad.  She wants a cat so badly she can taste it, as my mother would say.   Today, we got to go see two kittens.   Or, in her case, feel two kittens .  

It was at my best friend from elementary school on up's house and she and I cried when we saw each other because no one has seen anyone is so long.   I have two years of birthday presents to get to her. 

My daughter got to do something she's never really done before:  feel what all the parts of a cat felt like.   These kittens were so darling and sweet and playful and they let her hold them (briefly) and then darted off to chase the toy again. 

It was a wonderful afternoon.  It hurts my heart a little, knowing how much she wants a cat and that we can't really get one here for several reasons. 

The Children On The Brick Wall:  My children climb up somehow around the back to the very tall top of the brick wall surrounding Nana and Papa's back patio.   If one of them fell, it would be broken bone city I'd guess.   But there is dirt on the other side and they have the best time.   So I hope for the best as all parents do from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment