Sunday, July 18, 2021

Donut or Doughnut?

I've been working with a 3D printing friend on a project involving doughnuts.   The 3D printed kind of doughnuts.   He has a good sense of quirkiness and when I saw an old picture of a doughnut and asked why he'd never released it, he said he would rethink the model. 

Thus started a project of revisions and testing, filaments being bought and tried out, and ultimately, tonight at some point if we can get the videos completed, will be announced to the 3D printing community and I suppose the world at large. 

We had a conversation about the "proper" way to spell doughnuts.   I had mentioned some weeks back how I had been able to manage breakfast cravings and had gone to get donuts.   He said something and used the word doughnut and then I changed over to that spelling.  He noticed and mentioned the change.  I said I preferred the spelling with all the extra letters because it wasn't do+nut, but dough+nut.   

Why had I changed?  I said the brand I had bought called their product donuts, but the overall bready sweet goodness thing, in general, I considered to be doughnuts.   Thus began two days of butchering the spelling of doughnuts while preserving the phonetic pronunciation.  

We've had fun working on the models, but I'm glad to be moving on to the next thing.   There are lots of things to print out there. 

The Big Boy Update:  Folding laundry involves tantruming.   Which never works.   Maybe someday he'll learn.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter didn't want to fold laundry either.   She asked if she could have a bath, thinking that would get her out of it.   Which it did, but only for a brief spell.   It is amazing how long she can stay in the tub when she's avoiding laundry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment