Saturday, July 10, 2021

Swollen Lymph Node

My daughter's throat is sore and she has a swollen lymph node.  Just one.   She had a bit of a fever today too, so my husband took her to the doctor, who said it wasn't anything he could see specifically and that it could be any number of viruses.   The question is, is it *the* virus?  

She's had another COVID-19 test and is anxiously awaiting the results.  No one is showing any signs of malaise here and she's been with us non-stop, but it could be some contact somewhere, I suppose.  

Tense times.   Hopefully, it's nothing.   She will be utterly relieved. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was unkind to his sister today and got upset about it when I pointed it out.   He was upset at possibly being left out yesterday when the friends came over, so he self-excluded himself from the activities.  He was jealous the girls were interested in playing with her.   And a bit hurt too.   So when he got an invitation to go the pool with the neighbors, instead of quietly meeting me in the garage for putting on sunscreen, he announced it to her.   When I told him how disappointed I was in him, he got very upset and clearly regretful.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was upset she didn't get an invitation to go to the pool too.   I had a conversation with her saying we all don't get invited to everything.   That that will always be true, even for twins.   I explained how her brother felt left out yesterday and she didn't even know he felt that way.   He came back and apologized later.   She was kind and said it was okay, she didn't really want to go to the pool anyway.    That wasn't true, but it was nice of her to say so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment