Monday, July 26, 2021

Failed Sleepover Again...

My daughter wants to have a sleepover so badly.   She tries to have them with her brother, but he changes his mind about it at the end of the day every time and she always ends up disappointed.   The other thing she's tried to do is coordinate a sleepover with our neighbors, which has almost happened but each time has ended up not for various reasons.  

Today, they had talked about having a sleepover on either their back porch or the trampoline.   We said we were fine with it but again tonight, right after it grew dark, it rained for a short period of time.   They went out in their pajamas, now in the clear weather but with a wet trampoline, carrying glow sticks and colored flashlights.   

They spent some time out there and then decided they were going to sleep over in the garage.   The garage that was intolerably hot and humid, I might add.   I was asked if I could move my car out of the garage and I said that no, they weren't going to put sleeping bags down on the floor of the garage where the dirty car had been driving in and out.   

That was fine, they said, they would move some things out of the way in the small half-sized garage which was filled with things from their play over the past weeks.   They didn't manage to move much, but we put some music out there and they spent a while until Rayan and Keira decided to go home around ten o'clock. 

Some day my daughter will have a sleepover again.  She just loves the idea of having a friend over.   I hope it works out for her.  We're up for it if we can make it happen. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son likes wearing long sleeves and long pants, even in the hot, summer weather outside.  I offer cooler clothes to him from time to time, but he just likes wearing clothing for cooler weather.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has begun to not respect the dog's wishes, forcing herself on her and forcing her head down or hugging her in ways the dog tolerates but doesn't really like.  It's taking it's toll and I've been speaking to my daughter about wanting the dog to want to spend time with her and if she keeps it up, she is going to find out the dog isn't interested in spending time with her.   She said she can't help it, but she also said she understands and will work on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment