Friday, July 16, 2021

The Pool

I am winning the award for the most interesting post titles of late, but it's past my bedtime, all sorts of body parts are screaming at me to go to bed and I need to finish this up so I can grand them their wish. 

I haven't been to the pool this season.  There have been multiple reasons but the most prevailing one is that I'm busy working on Filament Stories.   Who knew it would take so much time and effort to put out short bits of media.   In my defense, the actual filming and audio dubbing takes very little time, it's getting the models and other shots complete after testing, re-testing, and dealing with other 3D printing things that take the time.   But regardless, I am busier now than I have been in many years. 

But today I went to the pool.  And I had all intentions of getting in with the children, but I got to talking with my neighbor, Lisa, and since it has been a good long while since we caught up, we had a lot to talk about.  

The children had fun, my daughter played with her friends on her new huge inner tube that is in the shape of a cheeseburger.   She loves it.   It was a gift from Nana and Papa and if she was allowed to go to sleep with it on her bed, I feel sure she would have. 

When it was time to come home, the children planned a sleepover, something they do frequently.    The idea was to have the four of them in the trampoline overnight.   We all agreed it would be fine. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Sleepover Confusion:  It grew late and the children weren't prepared to sleep outside.  Their friends hadn't come over to knock on the door with their sleeping bags.   It turned out they rescheduled for tomorrow night without remembering they would be at Nana and Papa's house tomorrow as we have a dinner out with friends.  They can reschedule for when they get back, it's summer, everyday is a weekend day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment