Saturday, July 24, 2021

Flapjack

Swearing happens in this house.   For the most part, the swearing is done by me or on rare occasions, my husband.   The other time swearing happens is when splinters are being removed from my daughter, in which case lots and lots of words ring out in short succession.   I don't know if the dog swears, 

My son has reached the age where he is considering the coolness of swearing.   He gets online with neighborhood friends and plays games.   The team games he's playing involve competition and of course, you don't always win.   Or, perhaps someone pulls off something extra impressive or you have a victory or any other number of reasons that to my son, might be cause for exclaiming and possibly using a swear-like word. 

Only he's not allowed to swear, so he's been working on alternatives.  Maybe some of the alternatives are common these days, like "frick," which we outlawed after it was becoming so prevalent it was appearing in every other sentence.   The latest one he's been using though is rather funny to me.   I keep hearing him yell out, "Oh, flapjack!" from the computer.

The Big Boy Update:  My son gets frustrated when he has to stop doing what he's doing to come to dinner or go to bed or any number of things that interrupt what he is currently doing.  The one thing he never seems to mind though is being completely silent when we tell him we're recording for Filament Stories.   He's pretty supportive of the work we're doing, which is super sweet of him. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter also is supportive of what I'm doing with Filament Stories although today she told me she thought it wasn't a good thing to buy the printers because we needed to buy food and pay bills.   I told her we would never spend money we needed to have to pay our bills and especially to keep everyone fed.   I don't know if she was worried, but she seemed to feel better when I told her that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment