Monday, January 22, 2018

Words From The Children

Sometimes I have too many things to write about that the children say or do to just put one in per day.  

The Big Boy Update:
Adam:  My son and I were going to school this morning and as we were leaving I said I saw Adam and their dog, Milo, walking.   My son asked me, “Is Adam made of atoms?”   The words sound the same to him.  We drove up beside Adam, I rolled down the window and my son asked Adam his question.   Adam smiled and said, “I am made of atoms!”  On the rest of the ride to school we talked about spellings and the fundamental particles of the universe.

FedEx:  After seeing Adam this morning we continued on to school.   My son saw a FedEx truck and said, “FedEx is my enemy!”  I asked him why he would say that, his Uncle Dale was a pilot for FexEx and they bring us packages we like to receive sometimes.   My son replied, “I like Postman Pat.”   Our mailman is a very nice gentleman.   I’ll have to tell him my son is partial to him the next time I see him.

Dinner Demands:  We went shopping before dinner to get my children some ski clothes they’ll need for our upcoming ski trip (and for any additional inclement weather we might have here).   We told them we would go out to dinner afterwards.   My son yelled out “Chick-Fil-A!”  My daughter yelled out the same.   We said no.   They yelled louder and repeatedly.   We said no.   So my son came up with another tactic, saying, “If we don’t go to Chick-Fil-A Dad’s going to have to wear high heels for the rest of his life and Mom’s going to be bald for the rest of her life.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:
Flight of the Bumblebee:  My mother had Alexa play the Flight of the Bumblebee song the other day.   She talked to my daughter about what was happening in the song.   My daughter listened and then said, “I can see myself running from the bee.”

Pocket Tissues:  My mother has kept tissues, or ‘Kleenex’ as she refers to them, in her pockets for as long as I can remember.  She wears pants with pockets just for this purpose.   This has come in handy when my daughter has a runny nose.   A few weeks ago she told my daughter she could keep tissues in her pockets too.   For a few days after that I would see tissues half-way stuffed into my daughter’s pockets as she liked Mimi’s idea and definitely needed the tissue.   But I’m glad her runny nose has passed.   She didn’t know to take the unused tissues out at the end of the day and we had one very fuzz-filled laundry load from the dissolving tissues in the wash.

Crab Cakes:  My daughter asked Mimi what she and Gramps were having for dinner the other day.   Mimi told her they were having crab cakes.   My daughter said in an alarmed voice, “but that’s dessert!”

No comments:

Post a Comment