Friday, January 5, 2018

Teen Sleepover

It’s movie night and we have a lot of people at our house.   We’re also having a sleepover, only it’s not with my children’s friends.    I’ve been upstairs all night doing various things and didn’t watch the movie.   We just had lemon cake to celebrate Keaton’s seventeenth birthday and he and three of his friends are spending the night.

My son is mostly incensed, primarily because Gavin, one of Keaton’s siblings and my son’s idol, can’t spend the night.   My daughter is cranky because she doesn’t want to go to bed three hours after her bedtime and can’t she stay awake for longer?

I just want to go to bed.  But I’m old and tired or maybe I’m just older and more lazy than the children.

The Big Boy Update:  Last week we were looking at possible vacation spots for our family for next Christmas.   Aunt Kelly would show one on her iPad and then Kyle would say he’d found another option.    These were all beautiful houses, large enough to host our entire family.   One of them we liked a lot had a second, small house to the side.   We jokingly kept calling it the Cabana Boy house.   My must have been confused because he asked us who the. ‘Commander Boy’ was.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This morning my daughter came to my bedside and said, “mom, guess what?  I don’t have strep throat anymore.”   I told her the medicine was helping but she had to keep taking it until it was gone so the sore throat didn’t come back.   She, like I and many other children in this world, didn’t understand why we had to keep taking medicine when we felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment