Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Little Toilet

I got a phone call from my husband today while I was out getting a pedicure.   This happens a lot lately, I answer the phone, expecting it to be him but instead it’s my daughter calling from the Amazon Alexa.     Typically when this happens it’s because she has a question, with the most common question being, “where are you?”

I told her I was getting a pedicure and she wanted to know what that was.  I explained about having the nail polish changed on your toenails and she said, “but you can do that here, mom”.  I said that I could, but they did it a lot better than I did it at home and did she remember going with me a while back to get her toenails painted?

I think this was back before she lost her vision because she said, “I remember there being lots of chairs in a row.”   That’s right, I told her and then asking if she remembered how she put her feet in the warm water while you sat in the chair.   “Oh yes, I remember mom, you put your feet inside a little toilet.”

She said she’d like to go with me next time I went and then said, “I’m going to hang up now, mom”.

The Big Boy Update:  No idea where my son heard the word, but he wanted to know what ‘prom’ meant.    I think he was satisfied with my answer but it was hard to tell.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter went to tumbling class tonight for the second time as a private lesson.  She tried for the whole hour, but I think she had some anxiety and stress.   She can’t see what the instructor is showing her and we had to tell him it was okay to physically move her body so she understood.   He told me later he always was careful with that because some parents had issues with it.  I told him it was pretty much a requirement for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment