Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Pachelbel’s Cannon in D

Alexa seems to play a lot of roles in our house.   Tonight for instance I was in the bedroom with my children trying to get them to calm down and go to sleep.   I said they could each pick a song on Alexa—as long as they were calming songs.   My son selected a quiet song from Thor: Ragnarok the movie that he heard earlier in the day.   Then my daughter picked Moon Rise.  

They know the artist or movie name or how to ask Alexa specifically so the’ll get the result they want.   When my daughter’s song was over my son said it was my turn to select a song.   I thought about it for a minute and then picked Pachelbel’s Cannon in D.   My daughter said she knew the song.   I told them this was the song I walked down the aisle to get married to dad to.   That started some questions and I told them we could watch the video of it sometime if they were interested.   They were surprised there was a video as well as pictures.   I told them it was in the attic but I could show them.

It got quiet for a minute while they listened to the song and then my daughter said, “Alexa, add this song to Reese’s playlist”.   My son asked to have the song added to his playlist next.    Then the song was over.   My son said, “can we play that again, Mom?”   I said sure.   They were asleep before the second playing was complete.

As I was sitting in the rocking room in the children’s bedroom now listening to the sounds of sleeping children to classical music, I looked at our shopping list—also built and maintained by Alexa.    I noticed ‘Dignity’ had been put on the list.   I have no idea where to go to buy dignity.   I’ll have to ask the children if they know in the morning.

The Big Boy Update:  My son told me rather unsolicited one day recently, “I’ll never be a doctor.   I’m gonna be an actor.”   After asking some questions I got out of him he wants to be an actor so that he can be a power ranger.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked me yesterday, “Mom, can Alexa die?”  I told her not that I know of, what did she mean?   She said like the iPads and did Alexa need charging.   Oh, I told her, no, Alexa is plugged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment