Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Dinner With Uncle Brian

Uncle Brian arrived tonight at dinner time via plane.   He is doing a presentation tomorrow morning and then will return home tomorrow afternoon.   We’re excited to have him stop in and stay a night with us though.

My son and husband were off at Free Running so my daughter and I planned for Uncle Brian’s arrival.   My daughter did this by knocking on the door when I had gone around the corner and fooling me into thinking Uncle Brian had arrived.

When she tired of that, she called Uncle Bob on Alexa and told him all about the programmable Lego model she was controlling on my iPad.   Her programming made lots of ‘boops’ and ‘beeps’ and was probably far too loud over on Uncle Bob’s side of the connection but she was quite proud of the programming she was doing to make the small car move in various directions.

When Uncle Brian did arrive we left to go to dinner at Pei Wei where my daughter made friends with an architect and pilot who saw our car and wanted to talk Tesla.   He drew her a picture of a house and said as we were leaving how he’d always wanted to have a daughter but he and his wife never did.

Once home it was pajamas and teeth time and then Uncle Brian read to the children from the Minecraft Island book he and Uncle Bob had gotten for them.   They are very keen on what happens next in the book and it’s nice reading to them because it has zero pictures and good sized chapters.   That means both children have to imagine what things look like as they hear the story.

The Big Boy Update:  There was a song playing in the car this morning called, “Battle Cry”.   My son asked me what a battle cry was so I gave him a description and then did a demonstration.   I did it quietly, but I had hoped he’d get the idea as I didn’t want to full-on yell in the car.   He was somewhat unimpressed I think because he told me, “you sound like you could use another hour of sleep/“

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was getting ready for bed.   She had finished brushing her teeth and started to walk away with her flosser towards the toilet.   As she shut the door she told me, “I’m multitasking right now”.

No comments:

Post a Comment