Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Global Period

Medical Insurance.   Lots of people have issues with their medical insurance.   Aside from premium increases which has been happening across the board, we’ve been fortunate that our medical insurance is fairly good.  

My daughter has procedures, surgeries and office visits in an entirely different state and we’re still covered.   Bottom line, I’m not complaining.   Although my spreadsheet on non-reimbursed medical expenses continues to grow every year.   But I dare you IRS, audit us again.   I’ll have documents and summary information to you by return mail.   I’m that organized, just in case.

We’ve got reasonably high deductibles and since it’s only January tenth, we haven’t met them yet.   Except some things seem to be already covered.  My daughter was in Detroit yesterday to see her retina surgeon and after the appointment we went to check out to pay and schedule another follow-up in a month.   I asked if there was a co-pay for today’s appointment.   She looked at her computer and said, “oh, you’re still within the global period, there’s nothing due today.”

Global period?   Apparently this is a window of time post-procedure/surgery where costs for the follow-up are included in the total cost of the procedure.   I’ve decided I like global periods.

The Big Boy Update:  My son wanted to know if his name was famous.   I told him I wasn’t sure, what did he mean?  He said he saw his middle name a lot on things he watched on YouTube and television.   I was still confused until he told me he meant his middle name.   Ah yes, ‘Fox’ is my son’s middle name.   It also happens to be a big network.   I told him he had a famous name and I didn’t even realize it.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter went to her favorite sitter’s house today to do some fun things.   I don’t think I’ll ever be able to compete with Morgan for fun, because she’ll be the winner, hands down.   My daughter came home with four hand-painted pictures on real canvas.   She made beads out of clay, including beads with the letters of her name.   And—and this is my favorite part—warm chocolate chip cookies.     They were so good I ate them in lieu of dinner.   I won’t tell you how  many I ate because that would be embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment