Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Sprayer Solution

I wrote a while back about the failed Christmas present for my husband of a sprayer bottle for the dish soap.   I’ve been on a hunt for about four years now to find a replacement for the foaming dish soap and sprayer we liked that’s no longer made.   Foaming dish soap is limited in options, but it’s out there.   What’s been harder to find is a trigger sprayer that works with the foaming dish soap.   But I found a solution—I just had to look in a place I wasn’t expecting.

I was in Bed Bath and Beyond, looking for something unrelated to dish soap and saw this EVO olive oil bottle:


Trigger sprayer and a nozzle that could be channeled vertically or horizontally.  It looked promising so I got it.   I poured in some of the foaming dish soap (not a lot in case it was a total disaster like my last option) and put it by the sink, waiting for dirty dishes to arrive. 

And it woks.   It works well.   The trigger sprays enough but not too much and the directionality option on the nozzle is a handy feature.   The next test was if my husband liked it.   He did.  He liked it a lot.   

So I did what I do in situations like this—I ordered two more bottles from Amazon in case they stop making them.   Back stock.   Insurance for when the current bottle wears out in case I can’t find them any more.   Now I’m just hoping they keep making the foaming dish soap. 

The Big Boy Update:  I was in the car with my son in drop-off line on Monday.   He was about to get out of the car when he said to me, “Mom, what day is it?”  I guess I wasn’t paying attention to the day because I replied, “it’s Tuesday”.   He replied in an alarmed voice, “what happened to Monday?!”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  On the way home from free running class tonight my son and I were in the car when we got a call, via Alexa, from my daughter.   She wanted to know when we would be getting home.   We must have been hard to hear because she said, “you’re breaking up”.   That’s a phrase my children have probably heard many times, but it’s not one I was expecting to hear from her.   I laughed and told her we’d be home in five minutes and then I heard her say, “Alexa, hang up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment