Friday, January 12, 2018

She’ll Hunt You Down

My daughter may be visually impaired, but that doesn’t stop her from finding you when she needs you.   Actually, that may be to strong a phrase, “when she wants you” is probably more accurate.   She uses her hearing and will call out your name to find you.   If that doesn’t work, she moves into second-level tactics.

These additional tactics involve using technology to locate you.   I’ve mentioned before how she will call my phone using Alexa and I always answer the call if I can because the call comes in as though it was from my husband.   It’s my daughter though, wanting to know if I remember where she put ‘Cutie Bear’ and how long until I’m home and what and I doing, etc.

There is a third level of contact she uses that drives me nuts.   For instance, tonight she was eating dinner and I went into the bedroom to fold laundry.    She “drops in” on the master bedroom Alexa and wants to talk to me from two rooms away with an echo on both ends due to proximity.

Tonight she combined all her Alexa skills, following me via Drop In to multiple areas of the house and then when she couldn’t remotely find me that way, she just called my cell phone.   Sometimes I want to turn the Alexa’s off because I just don’t want to be found that badly.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is upstairs watching Jurassic Park (the original) with my husband.   There are some scary parts in the movie and my son was warned they would happen, but everything would be okay.   We’re not sure how he’ll handle them when they happen, but so far he’s loving the movie.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   “A pest” is the phrase that comes to mind to describe my daughter when she gets into one of her ‘must find you’ modes.   Shs's tenacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment