Sunday, May 24, 2015

Unexpected Comments

We went to a pool party/cook out today at the home of one of our long time close friends.    We got to see many people we don't have a chance to see often.    My children had a blast swimming in their pool, jumping off their diving board and climbing on their retaining walls.

I got to see my ex-husband and his daughter, who has grown quite a lot since I saw her last as an infant.   She and my son had fun playing together.   I had some young boys who were interested in the Apple Watch come over and have a great time trying mine on, feeling their heartbeat, sending drawn messages back and forth to my husband and generally talking enthusiastically about all the features of the watch (they knew more about it than I did.)

What I didn't expect was the comments about how great I look.   Multiple people made very kind comments about how I looked.   I haven't seen some since last year and they asked about what it was like to go to a trainer (they noticed I had muscles in my arms.)   I talked to lots of people about running, because a good number of us are going to the Rock and Roll Marathon in Las Vegas in November.  

I was really surprised by the comments.   I suppose it made me feel good about all the time I've spent in the gym and on the road running.  

I know Brek reads these posts from time to time, so if you read this, Brek, thanks for a fantastic party.   We all had a great time.

The Big Boy Update:  My son watched a Ninja cartoon today I don't think he's watched before.   Several times at the party this afternoon we noticed him off by himself, mumbling and making ninja motions with his arms and legs.   We may have to put him into a martial arts class soon.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Off the diving board.   My daughter can swim well for her age.   Today we just watched them from the side of the pool to see how they'd do.   At one point,  my daughter went to the diving board, jumped off and swam to the edge without a fuss.    We watched it happen and clapped as she got out to go again.

Fitness Update: 2.5 miles in the fading sunlight after a delicious party at which I ate lots of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment