Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Summer Snowball

I was getting dressed this morning when my husband came into the bedroom carrying a large, heavy bag.   He said, "say goodbye to the snowball."  I gave him one of those, "what in the world are you talking about?" looks and then I realized what he was holding.    It was literally a snow ball.  

He had made it during one of the snow falls this winter and, figuring we had nothing better to do with our freezer space out in the garage, stuck it in a bag and left it there.  I'm guessing this morning he went looking for something to make for dinner—my husband likes to prepare early—and decided today was the day the snowball had to go.

There are little areas in our house that are black holes to me.   I'm not big on freezer food, unless it's ice cream or desserts.   As a result, anything frozen that would be used as a component of a meal I don't pay attention to.    And that means the entire freezer side of the garage refrigerator.  

But let's get back to this snowball.   It was big.  It was about the size of a bag of ice you'd buy at the store.   He told the children it was time to go outside (in the seventy-five degree, sunny weather) and see what they could do with the snowball.   My son got his hammer.

The snow ball was made of very dense, easy to pack snow.  This snow ball was more of an ice ball by the time it made it to the back yard in May.   My children had a great time playing with it.   It lasted a long, long time before it was melted away, later in the afternoon.

The Big Boy Update:  My father-in-law was playing with my son recently and they were writing down the names of our family members on little pieces of paper.   I found the one where my son named himself: "Super Greyson in Charge."  This  completely sums up how my son would like to see the world work most days.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got bitten by some ants the other day.   Before that though, she was very interested in the ants.   She carefully picked one up and said, "mom, I got an ant."  Then she moved it from one hand to the other, carefully not harming it as she did so.

Fitness Update:  Six miles in the park late in the day.  I got in just in time for the steak dinner my husband had made for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment