Friday, May 29, 2015

The Aged Sheets

My pillow case tore when I tried to put a new pillow in it several months ago.   Yes, it was a very fluffy pillow, but the pillow case just gave way when I tugged one time too many.  My mother-in-law saved the day by fixing the pillow case, but that wasn't the end of the sheet issues.

Not too long ago, my husband and I were making the bed.  He was on one side while I was on the other.   During a normal pulling motion, a tear was introduced into an area of the sheet where there was no seam.    Another area that just shouldn't rip.    The tear has been joined by a second tear by now.

I started thinking about the sheets.   I love those sheets.   They are so soft and comfortable.   I know I've gotten more than one replacement comforter since I got the sheets, but when was it I got the sheets in the first place?    I thought back and realized I had purchased them when I bought a house that had a master bedroom large enough to hold a bed bigger than a full.

I got that king-sized bed and some sheets to go with it and since that point, I've been sleeping in the same bed—with the same sheets.     That was 1997.  

So it would appear my sheets are old.   I don't want to get new sheets; I love my current sheets.   Maybe I can ask my mother-in-law to work some of that sewing magic she does and we can extend the life of the sheets by another year or two.

The Big Boy Update:  My son counted to 11,381 today.   He did so with the gold beads and rods used in Montessori classrooms.  His teacher was very pleased to tell us about it when she put him in the car at pickup.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter is a troll.   She likes to curl up into a ball after being wet.   She's been doing it for years after taking a bath.   She does it at the pool as well.  She lays the towel out on the ground, sits on top and pulls the towel over her as she makes herself into a small ball.

Fitness Update:  I went to the gym today and had the nicest time with the other people that work our with Don, our trainer.   We had the usual group today.   Every one of them is nice.   We all laugh at each other, encourage each other and have fun together.   It's nice to be part of such a friendly exercise community.

No comments:

Post a Comment