Saturday, May 9, 2015

Strep Throat

When I was a child I was plagued with strep throat for many years.   At one point I think I got it every two months and we all had had enough, so I had my tonsils out at eighteen-years-old.   Since that time, I've not contracted strep throat again.    I hope it stays that way, but right now, fifty percent of my house hold has strep.

My husband has been feeling badly for days, as has my daughter.  Strep throat's been going around the school and neighborhood so I'm not surprised someone contracted it.   While I was off doing a Ninja Challenge 5K run today, my husband took my daughter and himself to the doctors while leaving my son next door at a birthday party.

They're both on antibiotics and will hopefully feel better soon.   We'll see if the other half of the house avoids coming down with strep throat.

The Big Boy Update:  My son can put together lego models now.   He reads the pictures in the instructions and can (with some guidance) put an entire model together.    He is very good with spatial relations and loves puzzles so it's a perfect fit for him.   If what he's putting together is a car or a truck or something that moves, even better.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter feels terrible with her strep throat.   She turned or injured her ankle at school during outside play time several days ago, and with the fever she has, the ankle is bothering her so much she limps and sometimes crawls.   The doctor didn't think it was anything to worry about beyond a sprain, so we're just letting it heal while she rests for the next several days.

Fitness Update:  Ninja Challenge.   I did my first obstacle course run today.   I loved it.   Some of the people on our team (members of the group that works with our trainer) had a challenging time with some of the obstacles.   One member didn't enjoy the water-based parts.   Some people didn't like climbing the ropes to ring the bell or climbing the rope walls or doing the jumps over the walls.   I really loved it all.   I want to do more.   It's like running combined with gymnastics with an occasional dump in a pool of water that cools you off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment