Sunday, May 31, 2015

I Wind

There are two ways to pronounce the title of this blog post.   In this case, pronounce "wind" as you would when talking about a strong breeze.    "I wind" is something my children say.   Of late, they're saying it a lot, because they're having competitions on just about everything.    One of them decides to run up the street, dashes off and then decides to stop seven sidewalk segments ahead, yelling out loud, "I WIND!"  

The other child wants to be a winner too, so they run ahead another five segments and suddenly yell, "I WIND TOO!"  Competitions like this that make no sense to adults, but are totally serious interactions between young children are common occurrences in our house.

Sometimes, this can be good.   Being the first one downstairs in the morning with your clothes and socks on, ready for breakfast and school, is a good thing.   Being the first one to the swing, because you grabbed your sister by the back of her shirt and flung her to the ground, however, is not.

I was an only child, so all this sibling rivalry is new to me.   I'm going to be learning a lot about it as they grow up, I suspect.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is having some difficult times lately with not getting his way.   When this happens, he calls people things involving the words, "poopie," "butt," and "stupid."  He is suffering consequences, which make him very unhappy, but he still can't seem to control himself when he's frustrated or angry.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  There was a bounce house at the graduation party we went to today.   It was an obstacle course bounce house and my children loved it.   It was hot, humid and sunny and my daughter's cheeks got more and more red.   I've never seen her so visibly overheated.   We kept giving her water, whenever we could get her to take breaks from the bounce house.  

Fitness Update:  Ten miles in the park.   I ate enough to counteract all those calories I burned off at a graduation party of one of our favorite sitters this afternoon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment