Friday, May 22, 2015

I Hardly Ever Read These Posts Anymore

I made a some commitments to myself when I decided to start this blog.  The first, and foremost, was to add a post here each and every day of the year, without fail.   From the hospital bed with my husband's laptop, not able to lie on my back, to the days I had plenty of time but almost forgot, I've managed to do just that.    Most days, after so many blog posts—I think I'm over twelve-hundred now—I don't even have to think about it, it's just something I do ever day.  Not only that, it's something I look forward to.

The other decision I made was to write the post and not spend long periods of time reading them for typographical and grammatical errors, tense inconsistencies and general flow.   Over time, I think I've gotten better at writing, and for the sake of my three or so loyal readers, I hope my posts are reasonably readable.

My husband and I have gotten into a routine most evenings.  We each have our jurisdictions or areas of preference.  For instance, he'd rather sit on the floor mat in the bathroom and make spiky hair with shampoo on my children's heads and I'd rather clean up the kitchen from dinner, police the rooms of the house and make sure the children's room is ready for bed.

When it's time to have the children go to their bedroom, most commonly my husband will go with them, read them a book or two and tell them a story in the dark before leaving them to fall off to sleep.  During that time, I head to the basement to write this blog post.

I'm fairly fast at writing the posts.   I pull up my the "Reminders" app on my Macbook Air which syncs via the cloud with the Reminders app on my phone and iPad.   During the day when I've had thoughts about something to write here, I quickly put it in my AWP list.   I also have a list for my son's section in this blog as well as one my daughter's.

Armed with that information, I begin to write my post for the day and when I'm done, I press "Publish,"  lock the computer and walk away.

Sometimes I read the posts.  A lot of the time I don't.   So for all the errors and stumbly sentences (and run-on sentences I'm fond of making,)  I'm sorry.    Thanks for sticking with me.

The Big Boy Update:  I asked my son what I should write about him here today.  I told him I write something about him every day.  He requested I tell you all, "Hamburger, Hamburger.  Pineapple, pineapple.  Grape, grape.  Strawberry, strawberry.  That's all.  Wait, Pineapple, pineapple."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The Quiet Award.   My children are getting stars as of today for good behavior in restaurants.   Today at lunch, my daughter was calm, quiet, sat down and ate without complaining.  Not only that, she wanted my salad and ate the whole bowl before eating her meal.   She got a big star on the star chart when we got home.

Fitness Update:  Five or five-and-a-half miles today.  The watch is marking distance differently than the fitness app I've used for several years.   My husband did similar tests when he went for a bike ride today.   It's non-trivial, but since we're not competing and are just out for exercise, we're not particularly worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment