Friday, May 1, 2015

Marriage

We had a wedding at our home today.   It was not altogether unexpected to hear our friends were getting married, but we didn't expect them to want to get married at our house.   I was thrilled to hear they were getting married (I cried) and we said of course, we'd love to have the wedding here.

Everyone hoped for good weather, but alas it rained almost the entire day.   We rearranged the basement (which sounds dreary, but is open on the back and is nice and light) to have the ceremony here, right beside where I write these little posts each night.  

My neighbor lent us some decorations and chairs and made the overall feel of the event one that was more elegant and beautiful than what I could have come up with myself.  Guests arrived at six o'clock and the wedding was at seven.    

There was food and wine with champagne and sparkling cider.  One of the bride's close friends who is also a professional baker, made the cake and one of her long-time friends married the couple.   Shortly before the ceremony, the sun came out, affording an opportunity for pictures in the wet, but springtime-green backyard.  

The ceremony was touching but short.   The cake was delicious and the toasts were, memorable, heartfelt and sometimes funny.    Congratulations to Jen and Darren!

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Marriage Update:   My children have been asking and talking about marriage of late, knowing we would have a wedding at our house today.   This afternoon they decided they should get married so they go on the bed, asked me if I could put some music on and held hands.   I was right in the middle of something so I asked if they could sing instead.    They sang a song while holding hands and jumping on the bed.   I'm not sure if they completed the marriage ceremony or not because the doorbell rang and they ran to see who had arrived.

Fitness Update:  Gym this morning with one of those Friday workout specials our trainer likes to do to us before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment