Monday, December 1, 2014

Presents From the Children

We decided to let our children pick out Christmas presents for their family members this year.    We weren't sure how it would go, but we had faith they would select something.   Yesterday we went shopping to see who we could get checked off our list and we were more successful than I thought we would be.

My son wanted to get everyone either a truck, train, plane, transformer, claw grabber or other tool.   My daughter was more interested in picking out an appropriate present for each person, provided that present was candy and it was for her.  

After much redirection and lots of refocusing, my children helped select something for everyone.   If you're a family member and you're reading this, there will be a very special present under our tree just for you now.  

I can't tell you what your present will be, but I am fairly certain you all meet the age requirements on the packaging.

The Big Boy Update:  The dar-vay.    My son has talked multiple times about a Christmas present he wants.   We've been putting lots of things, "on the list" which has been a wonderful mollifying tactic. My husband found out that this "dar-vay" was in fact an actual item on the list.   I think it's a boat or something.   Apparently my son wanted to show him what he meant and my husband had him look through the list.   He found his dar-vay again at Target the other day, re-confirming that it's a single item in his mind.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter made herself a snack this afternoon.   She was not suppose to be making herself a snack but Uncle Jonathan and I were working on something at the computers and we assumed she'd be fine upstairs with some nilla wafers, juice and a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the television.   We came upstairs to find the bar chair moved into the kitchen and my daughter sitting on it in just the right area of the counter so she could see the television.   In front of her was a yogurt, a bowl with pretzels and a banana, mostly eaten.   She said, "I got a snack."   She had gotten on top of the counter, gotten a bowl, gone to the pantry, taken the clip off the pretzels, put some into the bowl and then folded over the bag and replaced the clip.   She went to the refrigerator, climbed up to a high shelf to get a yogurt.   She'd taken the lid off, thrown it in the trash, gotten a spoon and taken it back to her perch on the bar stool.   She'd selected a banana, peeled it and then, her snack all prepared, watched television while she ate.

Fitness Update:  The gym was extra full today with all of the people we normally train with in on the Monday after Thanksgiving in to start their post-holiday pound penance.   Don did not go lightly on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment