Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Food and Final Thoughts

It's the last day of the year and I'm rushing downstairs to get a blog post done between dinner out and a party we're going to at our friend's house.  So what are my final thoughts for the year?

First of all, food.   I love food.   I need all the holiday food at the house to go away.   I hope my relatives will take it all with them when they leave tomorrow, because I can't stop eating all the sweets.   I'm looking forward to a leaner (pantry-wise) house in January.

Second of all, family.   It's been a good year and it's been so in part because of my great family.   We have a house full right now and they've all been here for several days.   Uncle Brian asked me tonight if I was ready for everyone to leave.   I told him truthfully that I would be sad to have everyone gone. We have a low drama, high fun family.

The only thing that's been bugging me. I told him, was that I hadn't had a chance to get the holiday decorations up with everyone visiting.    That will start tomorrow though.

The Big Boy Update:  We went today to a local high school to watch my nephew practice kicking; he's the kicker for his high school team.   As Kyle was getting his shoes on at the edge of the wet football field my son asked him, "are your socks waterproof?"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter told me today, "I have head cups."   I didn't know what she meant until a few seconds later and then I said, "oh, I think you mean you have the hiccups."

No comments:

Post a Comment