Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Grey Hair Realization

My hair grows deplorably slow.   It's dry and frizzy and it has never really been one of my features I've liked.   Then, I discovered keratin complex.   The stylist applies it to your hair in a complicated process that takes several hours, but when you walk out, your hair is straight and smooth and not frizzy at all.   And it lasts for months.  

Do the frizzy and disheveled look I have a great solution for that I really like.   Then there's the color. I've been highlighting my hair for a long time.   I don't think I realized I'd been highlighting it for as long as I have been until I thought about growing it out to its natural color.    I did this mostly because I over-highlighted it.   That was back in the summer months...

I was getting one level of highlight and I told my stylist, "let's make it lighter.  One more shade.  It'll be fun.  I'll look fabulous."   And I did look great, I thought.  I liked the color a lot.    That is, until it started to grow out.  

The highlighting I'd done before was not that dramatic a change, so when it grew out there wasn't an easily noticeable demarcation of new growth hair.   But when I went one level lighter, as soon as it started growing out it was noticeable.   So I decided to make a change, and this time, I was going to get away from the highlighting altogether: I was going to color it back to my natural color.

It took us two times to get the color right.   The first time we were close, but not quite there.   This is great, I thought.   I wasn't going to have to color my hair nearly as much.    Well, there was the highlighted part.   That part was going to fad out to lighter over time and until it grew completely out, but that was okay.   I was still moving towards lower-color maintenance.

This last time with the correct hair color on the grown-out and highlighted parts, I noticed something though.    I looked in the mirror and saw metal flecks in my hair and what are they doing there and oh...that's grey hair.    OH, I have grey hair!

I knew I had some, but I didn't really know how much because the highlighting and the natural color and the grey hairs before all just melded together and the grey wasn't really noticeable.   But with brown, it was there and I could see it.  

It's not that noticeable yet because there's not that much, but it looks like I may be stuck coloring my hair going forward unless I want a natural grey highlight.

The Big Boy Update:  My son got up, got dressed by himself and came down to breakfast.   He had his button-down shirt on backwards.   He was wearing his jeans on backwards and he had the socks on with the ankle portion on the top of both feet.    Did he care?  No.   I suggested we might want to turn his shirt around because his upper back might get cold.   He suggested I button the shirt up in the back.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We went to a restaurant bathroom yesterday and my daughter noticed the hand dryer on the wall.   She said, "Mom, there's a blowupper.

Fitness Update:   Today was thigh day.   Our trainer almost always focuses on two areas each day, alternating exercises so you have a recovery period.  Today though, it was all about thighs.   He said he wanted us to have strong leg muscles for all the running we were going to be doing as we trained for the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment