Friday, December 12, 2014

How Many Steps in Breakfast

The new step counting feature of my phone has given me some statistics about my days that have been interesting.    For instance, I didn't realize I was walking miles around my house some days just doing the daily routine at home.

I wouldn't have guessed that I walk on average over six miles each day.   That's average, and weighted on days I run versus those I don't.  I also didn't realize how many flights of stairs I climbed, although I could have guessed it was a decent number given our house and the location of things in it.

There are some days I don't put my phone in my pocket until several hours into the morning.   I wondered how much I walk around during that hour where I get the children up, fed, dressed and off to school.  It felt like a lot of walking and stair climbing, but how much was it really?

This morning I carried my phone around from the minute I got up until the children rode off in the car with my husband.   I checked how much  walking I'd done.    It turns out it was only four-hundred steps—.15 of a mile.    

That's all?   That's how far it is to walk around the corner to my neighbor's house.    That's not far at all.    It sure seems like a lot more work happens in the morning than that though.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son is very excited about all the presents, "on his list."  He likes to look at his list a lot (Amazon wish list).   Today and yesterday he got some things from his list.   He is up now, well past his bedtime, still playing with them.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been sleeping without pajamas on.   She is doing this because she absolutely loves pajamas with footies...until she gets in bed.   She insists on putting them on, going upstairs to bed and then taking them off before she gets in bed.    This doesn't seem to bother her at all, and it doesn't bother us because the pajamas are still clean the next morning.

Fitness Update:   In the training for our marathon in the spring, we ran a half-marathon distance today.    We were a bit tired, indicating we need to get moving on our training.  

No comments:

Post a Comment