Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Sum of Emotions

Do you ever have ideas pop into your head because of something you read, heard or saw?   I had an idea today and I'm not really sure where it came from.  I was sitting in the doctor's office in the waiting room.   The news was on and they were talking about two young men who were possibly facing the death penalty for beating a professor to death.    I don't watch the news for the most part because so much of it is about negative things.    There are lots of negative things happening in our world and I just don't want to wallow in the anger or pain of others.

I thought about those two men and wondered how much they regretted their actions on that day they attacked the professor.   I thought about how one event, one action, one decision can change someone's life from a happy place with hope and a future to one of punishment and regret.    And then I thought about the world.

I wondered if we took the sum of all the emotions from all the people on the planet and added them together, what we would find.    Anger would be negated by joy, sadness would be negated by happiness, distrust would be countered by trust, and hatred would be overwritten by love.

Would we find that our planet is a happy place to be or one of sadness and suffering?   I would hope for the former, but I don't know that that would be the case.

The Big Boy Update:  Two nights with underpants on and he's waking up dry.   This morning he came downstairs and got in the bed with us.   We said, "did you go to the potty?"  He hadn't yet so he decided to go before breakfast.    I am really impressed with him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We have a small scooter that's been in the house since we purchased it.   We got it because at a play date at a park, my daughter didn't want to stop riding on it.   She loves this scooter and rides it all around the house.   She carries it downstairs (where it doesn't really scoot on the carpeted floor) and takes it into the bedroom before going to the bathroom.    She can navigate around walls and doors and now likes to ride on it on one foot with the other foot balanced underneath her.

No comments:

Post a Comment