Sunday, December 28, 2014

I Don't Mind Getting Up

I worked for a long time in the corporate world.   For some years I would have to get up every morning to go into an office.   I liked the office and I liked the people, but I had to get up early to get there.   There were flexible hours, but it still seemed early to me.

I changed jobs and for many years I was a corporate instructor.  I would either be at a site, out of town and I would have to get up early to teach a class.  On days I wasn't teaching I was usually at home.   I still had to get up to do work though.

Through all of the jobs I've had, I used an alarm clock.   I don't like alarm clocks—they make you wake up when you'd like to be sleeping.    For all the years I worked at home and could sleep in a little later, I still didn't like getting up for work.  

I thought I loved what I did, but I guess there was something about each of those jobs that I didn't love, because I never liked getting up in the morning.

My job now is to be a mother.  Yes, sometimes the children come downstairs and wake us up earlier than we'd like, but overall, I don't mind getting up in the morning anymore.

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn't want to get dressed today.   At one point we told him he had to get dressed.   He took off one pair of pajamas only to go and put a second pair on.  After that he was firmly sent to his room until he got dressed.   A short while later he came down dressed, but he had a sly smile on his face because he had put his clothes over his pajamas with footies.   I don't know why he wanted to stay in his pajamas today, but fortunately he got new pajamas from Uncles Bob and Brian for Christmas this afternoon so he's got something new, fuzzy and footed to wear tonight.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  It was time to open presents this afternoon but some of us were straggling upstairs.   My husband sent my daughter up to collect us.    My daughter took her job very seriously, not giving up until she had gotten us all downstairs.

Fitness Update:  16.2 miles today.   We're pushing distance for the marathon we signed up for sometime early next year.   I don't even remember when the marathon is, but today we were only ten miles short of running a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment