Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Hidden Marshmallow Sandwich

I made sandwiches for my children the other day.   I would love to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for them but as my son has a reaction to peanuts at this age, we avoid them for now.   Still, a sandwich with honey and Biscoff spread is still quite a treat and my kids were enjoying eating them.   Then they got full.

I didn't want to throw the sandwiches away, so I told them I would hide a marshmallow in the middle of their sandwiches if they would finish eating them.   Sure, they said, and I went off to get a single marshmallow for each of them.

The only requirements were that they couldn't look for the marshmallow and that they had to finish their entire (half) sandwich.   Did we have a deal?   Yes, we did.

It was the easiest bribe I've ever gotten away with with my children.

The Big Boy Update:   My son was playing with toys in his room and wanted one that was hard to reach.   He looked at me and said, "I want my dragon name."   It took me a minute to realize he wanted the handmade dragon on wheels with his name spelled out in hand-cut letters on its back.   A friend of my father's made it for him several years ago and although my son still can't read, he likes his, "dragon name" toy.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We went to a holiday brunch today with friends.   They suggested waiting in line to sit on Santa's lap.    As we got to the very front of the line, I told my children, "we're next."   It was then that the assistant told me in a whisper, "Santa needs to take a five-minute break to go to the bathroom."   I told my children that Santa would be right back and that he needed to go to the potty.   My daughter looked at me and said with a questioning look on her face, "does Santa have underpants?"

No comments:

Post a Comment