Saturday, December 20, 2014

The First Day of Christmas

We've been getting ready for Christmas for some time now.   We started putting decorations up earlier than normal because of a party we were hosting.    I started ordering presents for friends on November 14th and had mostly everything done and wrapped by early December.   So we were ready for Christmas, but Christmas hadn't started yet.

Presents go under the tree, but the day presents are pulled out, given to friends and opened counts as the first day of Christmas to me.    Last night was that day this year.

We celebrate Christmas on a Friday movie night close to the 25th with our movie night friends.   Last night we all brought presents and swapped them around before the we started the first movie.    My children and the other children her loved opening gifts.   There was paper everywhere.

The adults had a good time too.   My friends know me well, they got me some gifts that I am thrilled to have.   And now that the children are home for the holidays and relatives are coming to visit soon...Christmas has officially begun in our house.

The Big Boy Update:  One of our sitters came to help this afternoon.   I didn't tell my children he was coming, but as soon as Tristan walked in the door, my son ran up and hugged him.    It's great having sitters my children like so much.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The squeezie ball.   My daughter has had a ball sent home she is suppose to squeeze when she has strong feelings and wants to do things like bite, scratch or pinch.   She has plenty of words, but sometimes her emotions take over and she needs to express them in some sort of physical way.   The ball our teachers sent home got lost in about six minutes after we arrived earlier this week.   Today, I found a new ball and told my daughter it was her new squeezie ball.   That ball, too, magically disappeared in short order.   I asked my daughter where she had put the squeezie ball and she walked over to a cabinet, opened it and pointed to the new as well as the original ball.   I should have just asked her days ago where the ball was.

No comments:

Post a Comment