Monday, December 29, 2014

The Corner Chair

We have a sofa chair in the corner of our bedroom.   My children are old enough now that they're more adventurous around the house and they've discovered this chair in the corner and more specifically, the triangular void behind the chair between it and the wall.  

My children have all sorts of adventures climbing over the chair, getting in and out of the corner hiding spot, putting things back there with them like the dog's leash, a string, toys and a large roller that they like to use as a "cast" on their arms and legs.    In short, they fit more back there than there is space to fit.   They hardly fit themselves, but somehow, they can fit a panoply of play items back there as well.

They have had more fun in a small triangular void that cost us nothing than they have with most of they toys we've ever bought them.

The Big Boy Update:  We hid the iPads for a while, but the children kept finding them and I got tired of finding new locations to sequester them away so I made a new rule:  If you get the iPad without permission, it goes away for at least that day and possibly longer.   (They don't get the iPads that often if we can help it.)  Today my son got his iPad.  I put it away and told him it was gone for the rest of the day.   He was unhappy with me.   He complained, telling me, "mommy, if I don't have the iPad I'm going to die...I need it...I'm starting to die."   Something tells me he needs to have the iPad taken away for longer than a day with that kind of reaction.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is a gingerbread sneak.    She sneaks around the corner where the gingerbread houses are that she and her brother made with Nana's help and steal candy off the sides of them.   She does this a lot, and since we can't watch her all day long, she's been getting away with it.    The houses are great, but they'll be gone soon.  My little sneak will be sad to see them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment