Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sweet Shrimp

I used to eat sushi a lot.  That was before I got married and had children.  The children are part of the reason, but the other part is the husband half.  He's not a fan of sushi. 

Today I had a solicitation meeting and the person I was meeting suggested sushi.  Would it be wrong of me to respond in the email with a great big, "HELL YES"?  I didn't go that far, but I assured her it was one of the best options for lunch she could have choosen.

We met and had a very lovely lunch.  I ate lots of sushi, but the one piece I savored the most was the Sweet Shrimp.

Sweet shrimp is different from the normal shrimp you get.  First, the shrimp part isn't cooked.  You're eating raw shrimp.  And it is good.  But the part that's the best is that they then take the head of that shrimp, dip it in some batter and fry the whole thing (tentacles and all) and serve it up to you as a side to the shrimp body.

It's crunchy.  It's shrimpy.  It's scrumptious.  It was a delightful lunch with great company.

The Bit Boy Update:  He told daddy, "my butt is hurting on the inside."  Was he constipated or was he just getting the message that he needed to go to the potty?  We're not sure, but when he got there, things happened.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "I want sel-dur-real."  My daughter told me this for two days.  I didn't know if she wanted "cereal" or "celery" so I offered her celery.  She liked celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment