Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Wing Off

Our neighbor's had a, "wing off" tonight.  It was their son, Blake, and his friend Micah, who was visiting from out of town who decided to wrestle it out in the kitchen.  We were invited as judges. 

There were three types of wings, each of theirs and a grocery store comparison as a basis.  It was clear which one was the grocery store version.  It was fine, but not nearly as good as theirs.  We weren't sure which of the remaining two choices belonged to which chef, so we voted on variety A, B or C. 

It was close, but Micha won in the wings category.  Then, had dessert.  They each had made a special dessert, Micah's was brownie ice cream bars and Blake made baked Alaska.   Again, a tough decision but ultimately Blake won out due to sheer difficulty and complexity of the recipe.  Both desserts were great. 

My family loved it all and we had a truly delightful night with our neighbors.  My children stayed until they were so tired my son said we needed to go home because he was about to fall asleep.

The Big Boy Update:  Chuck.  There is this dump truck named Chuck.  He has a cartoon show.  My son discovered it and it is his new obsession.  Today I saw a plastic Chuck truck at the store and got it for him.  He is in love. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My Jacob.  My daughter has a best friend at school, Jacob.  We have heard so much about Jacob that today we finally got them together out of school.  It was darling to see them play together.  They're almost the same age and they just seemed to mentally sync in a lot of ways.  I also learned that my daughter knew some words in Mandarin that Jacob would say and she would repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment