Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Plane Dash

We went to visit family today and that meant taking two airplane flights to get there.  We had prepared in advance with appropriately packed bags and well-prepared children for the trip.  Also, we had iPads.  My father drove us to the airport and we got checked in well before the flight departed.

The children were great on the first flight, but we had a delay before takeoff due to a signal button.  That made our connection tight to the next flight.  And I mean tight.  We had to run through two concourses and take a train.  My daughter melted down right at the end and I barely got in the gate as my husband was telling the man, "she's right behind me."

That meant we didn't get to stop at the bathroom or even get our children or us lunch.  We had a little snack left and got some pretzels on the flight.  We made it and got some food when we got here.  Overall, it was a good trip other than the mad plane connection dash.

The Big Boy Update:  When we landed at our final destination and were taxing to the ground my son said something he's never said before and he said it quite loudly, so loudly that people laughed all around us.  He exclaimed in just the right intonation, "oh my god!"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter liked the man sitting beside her on the flight today.  I'm not sure if it was him or his brown corduroy jacket but she kept touching his arm and leaning over on him.  I don't think he minded, even when she woke him up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment