Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tropical Bourbon Street

We drove to Key West today.  I'd never been before but my sister-in-law did a good job of describing what it was like to us.  She said it was like a Caribbean Bourbon Street.  She's right, it does have that feel.

We walked around after checking into our hotel, looking at stores and getting a drink or appetizer along the way as the afternoon and evening progressed.  We ended up the night back at the pier bar at our hotel.

Tomorrow we're going to go on an afternoon island and snorkel trip, ending in a sunset cruise back to the pier.  I also plan on sleeping late in the morning--something I haven't done since the children were born.  That is, if I can.

The Big Boy Update:  Last night was our first night out of town.  My children slept on mattresses on the floor in our room,  My son woke up this morning as I was heading to the bathroom and asked me, "what are you doing in Nana's bed?"  When I explained that Nana was in another room, he grabbed his blanket and pacifier and headed out the door to find Nana. 
 
The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My niece asked my daughter if she wanted to do one of the foam puzzles in a stack today.  My daughter had already completed the school bus one, but when asked if she wanted to do the bunny rabbit one, she said, "No, it's too pretty,

No comments:

Post a Comment